Complete renovation of lost smile can happen by complete dentures if one happened to suffer complete loss of natural teeth due to gums damage, decay or injury. Dentures offer natural looking alternative to missing natural teeth, enhancing facial profile and enabling patient to chew food properly. Missing teeth can cause the facial muscles to sag, making a person to look older than they actually are. With the support of complete dentures, one can appear more appropriate to their age and can enjoy food and speak comfortably.
What are Removable Dentures?
Removable dentures are detachable false teeth that are worn to replace missing teeth. These artificial teeth are made of acrylic and designed to best match your natural teeth. The base of a denture is called denture plate and is made of either acrylic or metal. Dentures can be taken out and put back into the mouth, and they are available as either full or partial dentures, depending on how many teeth need to be restored. Dentures available at Vivek Dental are natural looking and easier fitting than ever.
Candidates for Dentures:
Person who lost teeth completely or partially can consider removable dentures as alternate to natural teeth. Partial denture is suitable for those who still have few natural teeth remaining. There are several factors which necessitate dentures, even for younger people who loses their teeth at very early age with less available bone for implant placement can consider denture for replacement of natural teeth. There is no age limit to have beautiful and healthy smile.
Few common problems after Complete Denture Insertion:
- Clapping sound of Dentures
- Difficulty in speech
- Ulcers on gums
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Gagging reflex
- Loose fit
- Cheek biting
- Painful/piercing denture borders
- Difficulty in chewing
- Denture displaces when mouth is opened
- Failing to eat hard foods/ masticatory insuffiency
- Tenderness when swallowing
- Food under dentures
- Dislodgement when drinking
- Drooling at corners of mouth
- Excessive bulk
- Cheek, lip, or tongue biting
- Dry mouth (xerostomia)
- Peculiar tastes on Tongue or Taste loss
- TMJ problems/pain All the above mentioned problems are reversible which can be resolved. It always takes 2-3 weeks for the patient to get accommodated to new dentures. We at Vivek Dental can completely take care of all the post denture insertion problems with utmost care.